Monday 12 September 2011

Play time with Luke

It gets really boring for a 2 year old to be dragged around shopping malls (and Walmart lol) with his mom and Gogga, so we have tried to include fun things for him to do as well to keep him entertained (okay, they are fun for me too, I am just using Luke as an excuse lol).


 We had lunch at Mc Donalds  and while Carla sat and rested, I took him into the play area.  Lol the bruises on my knees and arms from crawling through the play centre with him are only just starting to fade.  After doing the entire circuit a few times with him, he was able to do it by himself, but after only one solo attempt, he decided it was more fun if i did it with him, so my poor knees took another beating..... coming down the slide was really fun though :)

On Friday we were browsing around the Golden East Crossing Mall in Rocky Mount, and Luke was really patient while we did some bargain shopping at some of the awesome little shops there, so as a special treat we took him on the train ride around the mall.  Once again, i dont know who had the most fun. It is a miniature version of a real train that whistles and chugs around the mall,driven by a little Chinese man dressed in a uniform.  We getting some really strange looks from people walking through the mall, probably wondering if this strange lady from Africa had ever seen a train before lol 









There is a wishing fountain in the middle of the mall, where you are supposed to throw a coin in and make a wish.  Carla had already told me how much Luke loves the fountain, so after the train ride we headed there. I had already filled a little bag with all my South African coins to give to him to throw in when we got there. 







On Saturday, although it was a scorching 33C, there was a lot less humidity so we could finally spend sometime outside without running inside to the aircon after just a few minutes.  I got to spend some quality time in the sandbox with Luke, making sandcastles and decorating them.   He was so funny..... if he liked how i decorated my sand castle (using twigs and leaves etc) he would clap his hands and say "Yay".   If he didn't like my decoration he would break it down and say "Oh No"







All was good until "Along came a spider and frightened poor Gogga away"  lol


 It was just a random garden spider, but didn't look like anything i knew, so that ended my time in the sandbox.  I decided being inside with the aircon was much safer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment