Saturday 8 October 2011

The other side ..... the sadness and the homesickness ..... it's all part of the journey!

When i initially started this blog, it was with the intention of capturing my doings, thoughts and feelings for the next 50 years so in 49 years time, when i am sitting in my jail cell, after being arrested for public indecency, I could look back and reminisce :)  It was meant to be fun and spunky and depict the side of me that travelled, had fun, met new people and would make good reading for my Special People who I know are following my "journey"


What i didn't realise how badly the homesickness and a sense of such absolute sadness would come to overwhelm me.  This came to a head on my trip to Washington which is why i have been so hesitant to blog about it.  It would have been so much easier to post a bunch of pics in an album on FaceBook and leave it at that.


But, as do most of us, i have 2 sides to me (only 2?) and if this is going to be a true reflection of my life for the next 50 years, then i have to show the other side as well.  The side that causes me to withdraw - my motto being "if you dont have anything positive to say, then dont say anything at all"

I guess I realized what a big world this is, and how small and insignificant I really am. Yet, I know that I matter to my 'tribe",  my children and the small group of people who 'get' me and my somewhat unconventional ways.

Tomorrow will be better, because there is always something to look forward to. So I will allow myself my few minutes of homesickness and sadness, and then I will move on even if it's just five minutes at a time.  








No comments:

Post a Comment